As we learn of the horrific attack in Orlando this morning we express our deep shock and sorrow, mourn the loss of innocent lives, and extend our deepest condolences to families and friends who have lost their loved ones. Our prayers and thoughts go out to all those impacted by this brutal attack.
In partnership with our sister Affiliates and other organizations, we at the Islamic Speakers Bureau of San Diego stand in solidarity with the people of Pakistan, Belgium & Turkey following the heinous and vicious attacks in March 2016. We offer our prayers and condolences to all the victims and their families. Crimes such as these, in a world already racked by violence, flagrantly violate the norms of civilized society and the core teachings of all major world religions. In the face of such atrocities, we pledge to redouble our efforts to build interreligious and intercultural understanding and harmony.
- We affirm and uphold the sanctity of all human life, the taking of which is among the gravest of all sins.
- We affirm the right to freedom of thought, conscience, and speech.
- We affirm the right to security in one’s livelihood, profession, and residence.
- We believe that God created us with all the diversity of race, religion, language, and belief to get to know one another, not to despise or hate one another.
- We believe that Islam is above all a religion of peace and mercy, and that Muslims are obligated to model those traits in their lives and characters and to work for the good of our homeland and society, wherever that might be.
Posted in Main Page |
What We Do
With everything going on in the world today, it is more important than ever for San Diegans to learn to not only tolerate other religions and cultures but to respect them as well. It is in this spirit that the Islamic Speakers Bureau of San Diego provides interactive presentations about Islam and Muslims.
What Our Presentations Cover
- What is Islam? Who are Muslims?
- Muslim Populations Around the World and in the U.S.
- Islam and Culture
- Women in Islam
- Muslim Beliefs
- The Five Pillars of Islam
- Muslim Holidays
A Brief History
The Islamic Speakers Bureau of San Diego was founded in September of 2000. Over the last sixteen years, over 23,000 San Diegans have learned about Muslim beliefs and practices and have had their many questions about Islam answered. Participants are so thankful to meet an American Muslim and find there is much in common between Islam, Christianity, and Judaism.